Are you looking for a way to put your inner critic in time-out while toilet-training your Black Dog?
Challenging the Black Dog makes starting your recovery from depression as simple as breaking out some well-chewed pens and a blank journal; because sometimes when you’re afraid of something it helps to cover the nightmare with glitter and doodles.
Using a combination of personal experience tempered by medical input this highly customizable and creative remix of the standard therapy workbook offers:
• Much-needed reassurance that you aren’t a ‘freak’ and that non-suicidal self-harm is a valid mental health issue that can be treated with time and effort.
• The opportunity, to manage your urges in a creative, life-affirming way, regardless of your writing or artistic talent.
• A self-guided recovery path that will always be in sync with your current needs and capabilities.
• An escape from the scary sight of endless lines and empty pages that comes with journaling by providing prompts, which are both inspiring and thought-provoking.
• An eclectic compilation of medically proven therapy techniques that’ll help you actively bolster your mental resilience and stability when you need it most.
• A fun introduction to the power of transformational storytelling and mindfulness art practices.
This pocketbook takes on the role of a best friend and much-needed guide during the dark times, and gives you a creative way to start your depression recovery with a few art supplies, a little bit of time, and a dash of self-honesty.
The Guide Includes:
– 102 pages
– Artwork by Patmai De Vera
– 37 art prompts
– 54 writing prompts
– 12-month monthly trigger log
– 12-month daily mood doodle log
– Mental health resource lists
– And more…