Are you looking for a way to put your inner critic in time-out while toilet-training your Black Dog?
Challenging the Black Dog makes starting your recovery from depression as simple as breaking out a well-chewed pen and some craft supplies; because sometimes when you’re afraid of something, it helps to cover the nightmare with glitter and doodles.
Using a combination of personal experience tempered by medical input, this highly customizable and creative remix of the standard therapy workbook offers:
- Much-needed reassurance that depression is a real, valid illness that’s not only common, but can be treated with time and effort.
- The opportunity to manage your symptoms in a creative, life-affirming way, regardless of your writing or artistic talent.
- A self-guided recovery path that will always be in sync with your current needs and capabilities.
- An escape from the scary sight of endless lines and empty pages that comes with journaling by providing prompts, which are both inspiring and thought-provoking.
- An eclectic compilation of medically proven therapy techniques that’ll help you actively bolster your mental resilience and stability when you need it most.
- A fun introduction to the power of transformational storytelling and mindfulness art practices.
Challenging The Black Dog provide a safe, private place for you to get to know your personal Black Dog—to explore and tackle your depression—in a 6×9, softcover second edition journal, including:
– 212 pages
– Artwork by Patmai De Vera
– 37 art prompts
– 54 writing prompts
– Monthly trigger log
– Daily mood doodle log
– 22 colouring pages
– Mental health resource lists
So, let Challenging the Black Dog take on the role of a best friend and much-needed guide through the dark times and give yourself a creative way to start your depression recovery with a few pens, a little time, and a bit of self-honesty.