Are you looking for a way to put your self-harm urges into a much-needed time-out?
Silencing the Inner Ghosts makes starting your recovery from using self-harm as a coping mechanism as simple as breaking out a well-chewed pen and some craft supplies; because sometimes when you’re hurting deeply and afraid of what this might make you do it helps to cover the nightmare with glitter and doodles.
Using a combination of personal experience tempered by medical input this highly customizable and creative remix of the standard therapy workbook offers:
• Much-needed reassurance that you aren’t a ‘freak’ and that non-suicidal self-harm is a valid mental health issue that can be treated with time and effort.
• The opportunity, to manage your urges in a creative, life-affirming way, regardless of your writing or artistic talent
• A self-guided recovery path that will always be in sync with your current needs and capabilities.
• An escape from the scary sight of endless lines and empty pages that comes with journaling by providing prompts, which are both inspiring and thought-provoking.
• An eclectic compilation of medically proven therapy techniques that’ll help you actively bolster your mental resilience and stability when you need it most.
• A fun introduction to the power of transformational storytelling and mindfulness art practices.
The Silencing the Inner Ghosts creative journal provides a safe, private place for you to get to understand your Ghosts—to explore and tackle your self-harm activities—in a 6×9, softcover second edition, including:
– 204 pages
– Artwork by Patmai De Vera
– 39 art prompts
– 43 writing prompts
– Monthly trigger log
– Daily mood doodle log
– 15 colouring pages
– Mental health resource lists
So, let Silencing the Inner Ghosts take on the role of a best friend and compassionate guide through your dark times and jump-start your self-harm recovery with some creativity, a little time, and a dash of self-honesty.